Wednesday, July 18, 2007

we've gotten good at eye contact.
with regurgitating lies.
learn to swallow hard, so we dont cry.






& that midnight kiss was what I wished for,
but hugging my best friend was what i got.
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have traded that for the world.





you`re not like the others
well, that's what i thought about the rest
they let me down
please, don`t dissapoint me.








& its funny how a photograph
can take you back in time
to places and embraces
you thought you left behind.



her life is like a story:; layed out for all to see, but no one knows who she is, because no one is willing to pick her up and read. they judge her by her cover and leave her on an old table of dust.


i do understand the impulse.
the impulse to put your hand out and want someone to be there at the end of your reach.
to want someone to be close to, to want to kiss or touch even if it's wrong.
the point is you can't control your feelings.
even if they're wrong, they're there. they're always there.










see the light
my theory is that,
if i keep my distance you'll start missing me


"Heavy rings hold cigarettes
Up to lips that time forgets
While the Hollywood sun sets
behind your back"






im standing here in front of you
not saying a word
hopefully, you understand
that my heart is doing all the screaming







and I thought that all those little kids are
going to grow up someday. and all of those little kids
are going to do the things that we do.
and they will all kiss someone someday. but for now,
sledding is enough. I think it would be great
if sledding were always enough, but it isn't.

the challenge is to be yourself,
in a world where people try to make
you just like everyone else.


she's your basic, average teenage girl
her hair never goes the way she wants it to,
her room can't stat clean for more than a day &
there is this one boy that she's absolutely crazy about...

Sometimes the ones that walk
out your door and never come
back, are the ones you love the most.

it's like he is driving a car,
and I just wanna be in the passenger seat,
but he's locked the door.
and I have to hold onto the bumper.
you know, I'm not even asking for him to open the door for me,
just leave it unlocked and say,
come on. but no, he didn't do that,
so I'm hanging on to the bumper and life goes on and the car goes on
and I get really badly bruised and I am hitting potholes and it hurts,
I mean it hurts, and yesterday,
I had to let go of the bumper.
because it hurts too much... it hurts too much.


remember in kindergarden,
where it would be your first day
& you would meet someone new & ten minutes later
you would be playing like you were best friends?
because back then, you didn't have to
pretend to be anyone but yourself.


I learned that no matter how much
you care, some people will never understand.
I've learned that it takes years to build up
trust and it only takes suspicion, not proof,
to destroy it. I've learned that you shouldn't
compare yourself to others, they are more
screwed up than you think. & I've learned
that the people you care for most in life,
are taken away from you too soon.




When dealing with backstabbers,
there's one thing I've learned.
They're only powerful when your back is turned.


There are two ways to live your life ;;
One is as if nothing is a miracle.
The other way is as if everything is.


Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.




Take off your headphones and stop day-dreaming of a brighter day.
This is reality. Not another one of your dreams. The life you once wanted,
was a lie. You were lying to yourself. OPEN YOUR EYES. Dont waste
another breath. Nothing is ever how we dream it.

did you ever look at a picture of yourself & see a stranger in the background?
it makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you;
how many moments of other peoples` lives have we been in?
were we a part of someone`s lives when their dream came true,
or were we there when their dreams died. just think -
you could be a big part of someone else`s life,
and not even know it
don't deprive anyone of hope
------ it may be all they have.


Just once, I want someone
to look at me and think
I'm beautiful right away.
Not after they get to know me,
or after they see inside my soul,
just me. I want to walk in a room
and light it up, not blend in.





Suddenly, I knew what I had to do. love isn't about
little words. love is about grand gestures. love is about
airplanes pulling banners over stadiums, proposals
on jumbo-trons, giant words in sky writing. love is
about going that extra mile, even if it hurts, letting it
all hang out there. love is about finding courage
inside of you that you didn't even know was there.



sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past
- stop planning the future - stop figuring out
precisely how we feel - stop deciding with
our mind exactly what we want our heart
to feel - sometimes we just have to go
with the flow




sometimes the hardest thing to let go of
is something you never really had.

Chance (n.): a coin with two
sides that one tosses into the
air as many times as one wants.
The odds remain the same.




sometimes you have to be strong for yourself. you have to know that you're a good person & a good friend. what is meant to be will end up good & what isnt, wont. relationships are worth fighting for, but sometimes you cant be the only one fighting. at times, people need to fight for you. if they dont, you must just move on & realize what you gave them was more than they were willing to give you. hopefully, people realize great things when they come around & dont lose something real. always fight until you cant anymore, & then be fought for



It takes someone special to
make ordinary moments something
to remember



I believe in love, in arguing,
in jamming out by yourself in the car.
I believe in smiling til your cheeks hurt
and laughing until you cry.
I believe in having someone tell you you're beautiful,
dancing in the rain, and miracles.
I believe in second chances,
even if you've completely screwed up.






’m the kind of girl you can hear from miles away. the kind that if your sad its her job to make you happy ... the kind of girl who keeps messing up & saying "sorry." I trip over everything, I’m such a klutz & I get so mad at the simplest things, but I’m also the girl who holds everything back. If you ask me what’s wrong I’ll just lie & smile, saying, "oh nothing." the girl who's afraid to love, because she already lost so much.



He will do one of two things;
he will admit everything or
he'll say it's not the same
& you'll begin to wonder
why you came.


It's amazing how you can keep
so much bottled up inside of you
& walk around & no one has any idea.


I'll walk the plank
& jump with a smile
because if I'm going down
I'm doing it in style


We wonder why black & white photos capture our soul.
I think it's cause without color, we aren't drawn to the
makeup, & the color of our eyes, or our hair, or how tan our
skin is. Black & white captures the innocence on ones face &
the hurt they've gone through to feel vulnerability. The glow we
see comes from the inside. Brightening our eyes, our skin, & our smile.



One of the worst feelings in the world;;
Is knowing that, that special someone is still in your heart,
But you're not in theirs.



Push me into the snow, hold my hand and kiss me by surprise. Cuddle with me under a blanket and pretend that the snow isn't the only thing falling fast


He`s just a boy who doesn`t know what`s in front of him.
& she's just a girl who never learned how to let go.



Teardrops fall from those pretty eyes.
It’s kind of hard to move on when
you've only been told lies.
She’s breaking down,
everyone's fading.
it's been so long and
she's tired of waiting.

There's a difference between pretty and beautiful.
When someone’s pretty, they have a good appearance,
and when someone’s beautiful, they shine on the inside
and out and they are also pretty.





Her heart is breaking as she`s staring
at every single girl that walks by,
somehow thinking that they`re better than her.
& tonight, she`ll lie awake & tear herself down,
cause that`s what she`s best at.
She`s just one of those girls that no matter
how many times she`s told,
never belives that she`s beautiful.


I`m a jealous girl.
I hate every girl that talks to you, calls you,
& gives you attention cause for a split second,
you`re not thinking about me. I just,
I want you to think about me like I think about you.

wanna be the kind of girl that leaves an
ever lasting impression on someone. *
i don`t want to be the type that youu just
[ forget ] in a week. i want to be hard to
forget ___ i want the kind of impact on
someone where they`ll never find any-
one who can take my place. aand i want
that because that's what you are to me.

Some things are meant to happen. Some things are bound to be.
Some things have a way of making doubting hearts believe.
Sometimes in spite of difference, sometimes against all odds
some things are meant to happen.
It's written in the stars

we were perfect and everyone knew.
from the holding hands to the "i love you`s"
you made me laugh when i wanted to cry,
you were there for me when i wanted to die.
you were the one who made me smile
suddenly i saw why you were worth the while.
then she came along and stole your heart,
as i slowly blinked back tears and slowly fell apart

& i'm tired of being your second choice.
it gets really frustrating knowing that you
will always come back to me when she's
not there. Its like i'm second best. which
makes me realize i'm not worth your first
choice. so why should you be mine? do you
want to know why, its cause I care about
you more than any boy I ever had in my life.
when you're upset, i'm upset. but for some
reason you have a way to make it better again.
& when you do, I fall for you. & I fall hard. I
fell for you over a year ago, & i'm sorry to
say I haven't gotten up since. so what do you say?

My Dearest, I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever.


if I could tell you one thing
I guess it would be that
I love the sound of your voice
or your smile just happens to
brighten my whole day


hold me, forever.
hug me tight
against your chest
don't you let go.
hug me forever
stroke my hair once or twice
whisper into my ear
how beautiful i am to you.
hold me forever,
take every angry thought
every sad notion,
take it all away.
tell me it'll be ohkay,
because i won't believe it otherwise.
wrap your arms around me
tight, tighter still.
bring that face i love so much
closer to my own
close, closer until i can hear you breathe.
tell me that you love me.
whisper in my ear,
that's all i want.
let your cheek touch my cheek
keep whispering in my ear
don't think, don't talk.
just listen to our hearts
they're beating together now.
i can't see your face
so i can't lie
you can't see my own
so neither can you.
there's nothing about this moment
that's a lie.
i can hear your breath
i can hear that heart of yours beat
i can see this is everything to me
i hope it's to you too.
hug me tighter baby,
don't you ever let go.
interlace your fingers with mine
forever.
just hold me.
that's all i ask.
forever and one day.
and finally,
if you want me forever,
kiss me.
kiss me, and
put your heart into it.
and then, when we begin to walk away,
and i turn my back to smile,
and bite my lip in thought...




so that i won't have to
try to relive that moment
that moment that [was] my life.
& you can sleep tonight as well.


And people lie.
People lie about their first love.
They deny things so that other people won't know.



To those who have pushed me, thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have fallen.
To those who have laughed at me, thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have cried.
To those who just couldn't love me, thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have known real love.
To those of you who hurt my feelings, thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have felt them.
To those of you who left me lonely, thank you. Without you, I wouldn't have discovered myself. But, to those who thought I couldn't do it, it is to you I thank the most because without you, I wouldn't have tried.



People said I've changed so much.
Well here's the honest truth,
I grew up.
I stopped letting people
Push me around.
I learned that
You can't always be happy.
I accepted reality.




Whenever I'm happy I want him to see my happiness.
I want him to see how much my smile can light up a room.
I want him to see my strength. I want him to see the real me,
the me that has moved on, the me that knows how to live my life without him.
I want him to see who I am & who I will be
but I also don't want him to forget who I was.



If I could rewind time just to be with you just a little more than I was before..I would do it in a heartbeat..I wish I spent more time with you when I had the chance..I wont ever forget you..there's always a spot in my heart where you belong..










promise me. thats all i want. just a promise that you will never forget me. tell me i changed you somehow. let me know that i had an impact on your life. promise me that you'll always remember me.

you were never supposed
to mean this much to me


Never think you're nothing. Never cry at night over not being pretty enough. Never tell yourself you'll never be good enough. Because to someone, you're everything. To someone, you're gorgeous. To someone you are the world.


The funny thing is, nobody really ever knows how much anybody else is hurting. We could be standing next to somebody who was completely broken, and we wouldn't even know.