Friday, March 06, 2009

Kim HyunJoong, ‘Tears-soaked bread’ during trainee days

READ IT
and you would definitely feel how I am feeling now.
His fame, popularity and wealth now.................. IS WORTH IT because its KIM HYUN JOONG.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Almost debut in China for 5 million won!”

Kim HyunJoong dreamt of becoming a singer even when he stopped high school, but it was full of difficulties until his debut.

He first became a trainee right after he graduated from middle school. He was scouted by the manager while walking along the road, and had strenuous practices everyday as one of the member of a 5-member dance team.

“I was in thrown into confusion because I was immersed in rock and playing base guitar everyday during middle school and suddenly I had to prepare for dances. However, in the thoughts of becoming an entertainer fast, I am able to bear with everything.”

In reality, after he started training, he slowly developed desire for singing, dancing, etc. And in the end, he frequently skipped classes and requested to stop school despite his parents’ opposition.

After he stopped school, his family stopped giving him allowances and he started to suffer hardships. With no money to pay for train rides, he had to escape from being caught taking free rides. He ate at a ddukbokki stall by the road when he was hungry and fled without paying. Kim HyunJoong recalled “I would like to use this opportunity to apologize to Metro (train) and stall owner once again. It was really a tragic then, but I had to endure that time with my pride.”

However, the company he is training with, went through merger and they have to break up. Kim HyunJoong had to pack his luggage and go. His second chance came when he was doing his part-time job. While doing his work at family restaurant T, he was being scouted by one company who is preparing for a Hallyu project group. “I joined them as a trainee but I felt that something was wrong. We trained with all our might and they said that they will give us 5 million won to debut in China. We only know after further inquiry that this company is a bogus company. If we had taken the 5 million won, we would have been helplessly gone over to China to do our activities.”

Kim HyunJoong who condemns himself for being terribly unlucky finally had his third opportunity knocking. He went for an audition through the introduction of a dongsaeng of a noona whom he knew. This dongsaeng is none other than SS501 member, Park JungMin, and the company is DSP Entertainment. After passing the audition, he joined the already selected Park JungMin and Kim HyungJoon, and joined shortly after with Kim KyuJong and Heo YoungSaeng.

The training at DSP was definitely tougher than in any of the other 2 companies. He practically lives in the practicing room for one and a half years with almost no rest days, however he was able to bear with everything on the understanding that he will be able to become a singer this time. With cup noodles and kimbab as substitutes for their meals, it was finally paid off when he debut as SS501 in 2005 with the release of a single.

Credits : jjangga@sportschosun.com + SS601.com + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

HyunJoong Clarifies 3 Rumors

Kim Hyunjoong clarifies 3 rumours, regarding the solos, america and acting

“Going solo? I’ll walk till the end with my SS501 members”

Under bright light, the gloom behind gets darker too. Kim Hyunjoong acts as Yoon Ji Hoo in the KBS2 TV drama [Boys Over Flowers] and his popularity continues to rise.

Enjoying his biggest popularity since debut, be it CFs or dramas, his value has risen dramatically (T/N: From what I read on naver recently, he commands as much as 600~700 billion won per CF xD ) –a ‘Hot Icon’. But under this popularity, he has been subject to the attacks of rumours and malicious words.

Many fans are curious about this especially when it comes to his future plans – whether he’ll continue acting or go solo, his plans to go to America for studies, etc.
Since the rumors haven’t stopped, Kim Hyunjoong recently met up with Sports Dongah to clarify everything.

Firstly, on whether he’ll continue as an actor. Kim Hyunjoong expressed “Although it was tough for me since I lost as much as 8kg during the filming of the drama, acting attracts me as much as singing does”/ Therefore he plans to “take on the roles as both an actor and singer”.

Kim Hyunjoong said “I’m using this role as a base to learn more acting and want to act in a movie too” and “I want to buy the rights to the Japanese manga ‘Berserk!’, make a movie and act in it”

Secondly, he stated his stand on going solo. He just said one word – impossible.
As he gains more popularity from his drama, and has recently received more than 5 offers to act in movies and dramas, but Kim Hyunjoong said that he was deliberately not looking at the synopsis of the scripts he is interested in.

“I’ve received many offers from the drama/movie side about my next project but because we’ll be releasing SS501’s new album soon, I’ve to focus on that. If I look at the script and actually like it, I’ll keep thinking about it and I don’t want that to affect our group’s activities”

Regarding his solo activities Kim Hyunjoong said “Although I stick out a lot more because of the drama, but our group receives a lot of attention too” “I won’t carry out solo activities”

There are plans to release a solo-song collection album with each member singing a song that suits their style. SS501’s company DSP Media’s representative said “As Kim Hyunjoong’s popularity rises, the popularity of the other members also rises, so we plan to release an album showcasing each of their personal styles.” “Although we planned to release it in May, the members will not carry out solo activities” The rumour of ‘a solo debut’ was caused by a misunderstanding because of this album’s preparation.

But regarding Hyunjoong’s overseas studies, the representative confirmed “We’re now in the midst of preparing to send him to America” This is because Hyunjoong has expressed that he wants to be reborn as a serious musician.

Kim Hyunjoong said ‘I want to learn not only dance but also music other related things in America’ and also ‘I had included overseas studies in my life plan that I made long ago’.

“It was originally planned for a year but since after the drama ends this year there would be an Asia tour, I don’t know when I can go but I’d like to learn English and dancing when I go to America” “I made a plan of my life before I debuted and this was one of the things that I wanted to do so this plan must come to pass”

To this, his representative said “We haven’t decided on the date yet but it won’t be Kim Hyunjoong alone but all 5 members going to America” “Kim Hyunjoong has expressed that he wanted to stay in America for a longer period of time so we plan to let him study for a longer period over there”

translated by: sparkskey
credits: ss601 + quainte501